Mario Balotelli, hate him or love him he is a brilliant talent to have in the Premier League. At the age of 21, Balotelli has already had more than his fair share of on and off field controversies.
With his Manchester City future in doubt after Roberto Mancini admitted in the post-match interview after the Arsenal game that he “would probably look to sell him in the summer”, Into The Top Corner lists down almost all his On & Off Incidents.
1. March 2010 – Wore a AC Milan jersey on National Television while playing for arch rivals Inter Milan.
2. April 2010 – Throws his jersey on the floor before storming down the tunnel after being booed by Inter fans for a bad performance.
3. August 2010 – Crashes his new Audi R8 & he is found to be carrying £5,000 in cash at the time of the accident and when police ask why, he reportedly replies: “Because I am rich.”
4. October 2010 – Trespassed at a women’s prison in Italy.
5. November 2010 – Recieved his first red card following a clash with West Brom’s Youssuf Mulumbu.
6. December 2010 – Clashes with his team-mate Jerome Boateng in a training ground bust-up.
7. December 2010 – Won the FIFA’s young player of the year award and claimed he had never heard of the runner-up Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere.
8. March 2011 – Threw darts at City academy players.
9. March 2011 – Failed to get his bib on twice during pre-match warmup
10. March 2011 – Had an alergic reaction to grass during a Europa League game for City.
11. March 2011 – Sent off in a Europa League game against Dynamo Kiev for a reckless challenge on Goran Popov.
12. April 2011 – Chanted ‘Rooney Rooney’ on seeing Jenna Thompson the hooker linked with Wayne Rooney.
13. April 2011 – Winked at Rio Ferdinand at the FA Cup Semi-Final.
14. April 2011 – Gave £1000 to a random homeless person after winning at the casino.
15. April 2011 – Got his car impounded 27 times and notched up nearly £10,000 worth of parking fines.
16. May 2011 – Drove a child to school in his Maserati after he found out the child was getting bullied.
17. July 2011 – Attempted to score with a backheel when one on one with the keeper against LA Galaxy.
18. September 2011 – Went on a tour in Naples with the Italian Mafia.
19. October 2011 – Started a fire in his own house by firing fireworks out of the window.
20. October 2011 – Mario’s mum, after consultations with his new cleaner, sent her lad off to John Lewis to buy a list of supplies including an iron, a mop and a Hoover. A few hours later, Mario’s car pulled up with a van behind – which promptly unloaded a giant trampoline, two Vespa scooters and no cleaning products whatsoever.
21. October 2011 – Spent the day driving round Manchester with the top down on his car, music blazing and high fiving Manchester City fans.
22. October 2011 – Got caught looking through porn magazines in a news agent.
23. October 2011 – Builds a racing track in his back garden,
24. November 2011 – Third yellow card of his career in a league game against Liverpool, after picking up two yellow cards.
25. December 2011 – Breaks a club 48-hour curfew by visiting a curry house ahead of a match against Chelsea.
26. December 2011 – Involved in a training-ground bust-up with team-mate Micah Richards.
27. January 2012 – Charged with violent conduct by the FA a four-match ban after appearing to stamp on the head of Tottenham’s Scott Parker during a Premier League match.
28. March 2012 – Gatecrashes the press conference to announce the arrival of Andrea Stramaccioni as Inter’s new coach.
29. April 2012 – Argues with Aleksandar Kolarov in a Premier League match against Sunderland over who will take a freekick.
30. April 2012 – Sees red for two bookable challenges on Bacary Sagna and also guilty of a shocking studs-up first half challenge on Alex Song in a Premier League match against Arsenal.