In the recently held video game trade fair in Cologne – gamescon, EA Sports released a new set of details and screenshots, a new trailer and also an update on the demo of their eagerly awaited football game – FIFA 13.
First we look at the new details released during gamescon. Here is the full list of it..
- Trophy Cabinet… show off your silverware and unlock better cabinets along the way.
- 2v2 is back! Play with a mate locally in ranked online play.
- More matchmaking options… guests, limited expansion, club vs. international teams, etc.
- Division Titles! Basic promotion is ok, but winning the title = glory
- Persistent squad/team management saves. Set your club up once per squad update!
- Better star level matchmaking… Less RM vs. Tottenham, more RM vs. PSG
- New! Virtual Bundesliga for FIFA 13 fans in Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
- Pick your Bundesliga team and be part of monthly competitions. End-of-season champion crowned in live showdown.
EA SPORTS FOOTBALL CLUB MATCH DAY
- Real-world form, injuries, suspensions will be reflected in-game throughout the season.
- Real-world events like form, suspensions and media gossip in dynamic commentary for top leagues.
- ‘Games of the Week’ feature now in kick-off mode; the biggest clashes from the real world of football.
- Online Pro and CPU teammates stats based off real attributes from players in top leagues
- Tuning to Human GKs… no more fully assisted in Clubs, tuned attributes and accomplishments
- Maxed out Pros more realistic to real life players. Accomplishments and growth have been tuned
- Filter to match your ANY preference and human goalkeeper preference #FIFA13
- AI teammates get better as your Club improves #FIFA13
- Online Pro progression saved on the server, not save files. Bye-bye hackers!
- Online Pro for Clubs only: no more offline boosting. #FIFA13
- Seasons format! No more confusing rank points/leagues. Get to Div 1! #FIFA13
- Free Agent Hub allows you to play Drop-In Matches, looks at leaderboards etc. before joining a club #FIFA13
FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM
- Overhauled introduction for new players. Step-by-step guide to squad building and trading #FUT
- Special reward packs for returning FUT players.
- Seasons is now in Ultimate Team!
- Team of the Week Challenges and FUT unlockables in the Football Club Catalogue.
- New to FIFA Ultimate Team? There will be an introduction mode to teach key concepts. Finish the match and get a reward!
- The main menu has been entirely redesigned. Navigate quickly with dynamic info to keep you up to date
- Online and Single Player versions of Seasons are now in Ultimate Team!
- Seasons – There will be five divisions in Seasons to prove your Ultimate Team abilities.
- Single-player Seasons in FUT have eligibility requirements. Online, it’s all about bringing your very best squad
- At the end of every Season in FUT there will be prizes based on how well your Squad performed.
- EA SPORTS Football Club – FUT is now fully integrated with EASFC. Your friends can keep up with your big signings.
- You can buy unlock rewards in the EASFC catalogue for your club, such as more squads or bigger Trade piles.
- Fitness has been redesigned to make fitness recovery items more important.
- Morale – The scales for have shifted! Neutral morale is the default and you’ll have to manage your squad to get high morale.
- Players expect to play and win to keep high morale. Players with low morale recover to neutral faster.
- You can now challenge the Team of the Week for a reward every week. #FIFA13
- New manager tasks help teach you the mid-level tasks of running a club. Complete them all for a Special reward!
- Web app details will be discussed at a later date.
So those were the complete list of details that were gathered out during the gamescon event in Germany. Seasons has obviously proved to be popular and has been pushed across other online modes. Ultimate Team will finally look like the rest of the game, Matchday looks interesting and many many gripes from Clubs have been addressed. More details will come out as we get near to the release date but for now are you happy and impressed with these?
EA Sports also revealed some details on demo which launches on September 11th. As always these details may not reflect the final FIFA 13 demo that arrives at your console, but the code on show at gamescom has been correct for the last few years. The FIFA 13 demo will also include the new FIFA Match Day and Skill Games features.
FIFA 13 Demo Teams
- AC Milan
- Borussia Dortmund
- Manchester City
FIFA 13 Demo Stadium
- Etihad Stadium – Manchester City
- Time – 12pm – 10pm
- Weather – Clear Sky, Rain, Snow, Cloudy
FIFA 13 Demo Options
- Half Length – 3 minutes
- Difficulty – Amateur, Semi-Pro, Professional, World Class, Legendary
- Game Speed – Slow, Normal, Fast
When there is gamescon, there is a new trailer and this year was no different. The makers of FIFA 13 released a new trailer with the latest visuals on offer in video below. Take a look at the trailer below and tell us what you think in the comments section.
As well as all the details and the official trailer, some brand new FIFA 13 screens have also cropped up as part of the gamescom festivities. Checkout the new screens below..