Every now and then international football throws up some real mismatch, such as Brazil’s recent 8-0 thumping of China, in which the most sought-after youngster Neymar scored a hat-trick.
The South Americans may have routed the Chinese, but it was still long way off the world record for football biggest international victory. Here we have a look at the top five one-sided international matches ever..
1. Australia 31-0 American Samoa, World Cup qualifier, 11 April 2001
2. Kuwait 20-0 Bhutan, Asian Cup qualifier, 16 February 2000
3. Iran 17-0 Maldives, World Cup qualifier, 4 June 1997
4. South Korea 16-0 Nepal, World Cup qualifier, 1 October 2003
5. Germany 13-0 San Marino, Euro qualifying, 6 September 2006