England captain Steven Gerrard is set to win his 100th international cap in the international friendly against Sweden on Wednesday in Stockholm.
Gerrard said at England’s Tuesday press conference
“I’m excited. I’m slightly nervous, which I haven’t been for quite a while in an England shirt, maybe because there is a bit more attention on me getting to the milestone. It’s very exciting and I can’t wait for the game to start.”
The Liverpool midfielder will become only the sixth England player to reach a century of caps, joining record-holder Peter Shilton (125), David Beckham, Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton and Billy Wright.
In our today’s Picture Special, we have a look at the top ten most capped England internationals..
1. Peter Shilton (Goalkeeper | 125 Caps)
2. David Beckham (Midfielder | 115 Caps)
3. Bobby Moore (Defender | 108 Caps)
4. Bobby Charlton (Midfielder | 106 Caps)
5. Billy Wright (Defender | 105 Caps)
6. Steven Gerrard (Midfielder | 99 Caps)
7. Ashley Cole (Defender | 99 Caps)
8. Frank Lampard (Midfielder | 93 Caps)
9. Bryan Robson (Midfielder | 90 Caps)
10. Michael Owen (Forward | 89 Caps)