Who is the best striker in the Premier League? That is perhaps one of the hottest debates in the world of football and could go on for days.
Some teams with a huge transfer budget spend huge amounts of money in hope of landing a proven goal scorer with a knack of finding the back of the net and in order to guarantee themselves a regular goal supply up front. But, it doesn’t work like that and who knows better than Chelsea. While, Premier League’s record signing Fernando Torres has struggled, there are many players still going who appear in the top ten.
In the present game where winning means everything and second place is nothing, there can be no more precious asset than goals and goalscorers. So, who is the most deadliest striker in the league? Luckily for us, Opta Stats have come up with a list of the top ten strikers who statistically are the most clinical finishers in the Premier League till date. In our today’s Picture Special, we have a look at those top ten strikers…
Note – Minimum requirement to enter the list is that the striker should have played atleast 15 games.
1. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City | Goals – 28, Mins/Goal – 117 mins 11 secs)
2. Javier Hernandez (Manchester United | Goals – 28, Mins/Goal – 120 mins 15 secs)
3. Thierry Henry (Arsenal | Goals – 175, Mins/Goal – 121 mins 47 secs)
4. Edin Dzeko (Manchester City | Goals – 22, Mins/Goal – 128 mins 09 secs)
5. Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United | Goals – 95, Mins/Goal – 128 mins 11 secs)
6. Robin van Persie (Arsenal & Manchester United | Goals – 105, Mins/Goal – 137 mins 25 secs)
7. Hernan Crespo (Chelsea | Goals – 20, Mins/Goal – 140 mins 39 secs)
8. Alan Shearer (Blackburn Rovers & Newcastle United | Goals – 260, Mins/Goal – 142 mins 52 secs)
9. Mario Balotelli (Manchester City | Goals – 20, Mins/Goal – 147 mins 35 secs)
10. Demba Ba (Newcastle United | Goals – 31, Mins/Goal – 149 mins 23 secs)